Jumat, 05 Oktober 2007

elle fragrance from YSL



Part 2 on the new YSL offerings:


YSL 's newest fragrance is elle and is out next month. Housed in a striking hot pink bottle, this is a lively scent inspired by the modern woman of Paris and beyond. According to the company she is unpredictable and unique , feminine, seductive, bold. All good things, no?




The video/commercial is available with a lot more info at:




The commercial features model Coco Rocha in a stunning slim YSL suit , and does capture the fragrance in a way. Plus I think the song is one by Siouxsie ( of the Banshees) and that seriously rocks.


The fragrance itself is a wonderful surprise to me. When I first read about it on a duty free site, I saw that it had the pink pepper and lychee notes far too common in many of today's scents ,and I was worried. In general I like YSL fragrances( Cinema is big favorite), and hoped this was better than those notes. It is. You actually do get a bit of lychee, but not enough to be overpowering, and the pink pepper didn't really show up.


Instead I got a lovely floral -citrus zest close to the skin, with sillage that wafted a soft peony ( another of the notes) my way. The lychee mingles just a bit with the peony, and some patchouli, which grounds it all.
To me elle is a soft floral , somewhat sheer, but with fantastic lasting power, and great sillage.
This is a modern,delightful, uncomplicated , scent and one that can be worn day or night. It's one of those scents that makes me smile when I spritz it on, and for the next while, I think will be one I wear a lot.


The notes are:
Peony and Lychee at the top
Pink berries,Freesia, and Jasmine in the middle
Patchouli,Vetiver, and Amber at the bottom.

Retails:
EDP 1.6 oz $ 78.00
EDP 3 oz $ 109.00
Body Lotion 6.6 oz $ 45.00
Shower Gel 6.6 oz $ 40.00
elle will be for sale next month ( November)on http://www.yslbeautyus.com/

( On the website is a truly adorable solid perfume/lipgloss charm, no price or availability ,though)

Tidak ada komentar:

Posting Komentar